Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back to Sydney and Leaving Oz

For anyone who has done the East coast of Australia on a Greyhound Bus and has had to do an overnight trip knows how uncomfortable they are! We arrived in Sydney just gone 5am in the freezing cold and very tired from not having slept!

That night, we met up with Kate's parent's friends Kevin, Julie and Sue and they took us for dinner to our favourite Thai Restaurant - Newton Thai II - for a farewell dinner. Thanks for dinner and for showing us around Sydney.

Our last full day in Australia was spent doing chores - posting boxes of useless stuff home (that has made my bag so much lighter) and spending a morning at the Chinese Embassy getting my visa sorted. We went out for drinks with Kate's old work mates - Phil and Ray and had a great laugh. It was a fun way to spend our last night here.

I can't believe that my time here in Australia is finally over - its been an amazing four and a half months of adventure and I've met some amazing people and been to some of the beautiful places in the world.

Plus I've done the odd crazy and bizarre thing like swim with sharks and manta rays, go to an ice bar, rode a camel and sleep out in swag bags when there are nasty poisonous creatures around. But I've loved every moment of it and its sad to say goodbye but I can't wait for the next installment of my adventure!

No comments: