Saturday, September 08, 2007

Last hours....

It was very quiet in my room, now that Kealie had left so I used the time to throw away most of the clothes that I had worn almost non stop for a year (no wonder I am wearing the same clothes in almost every photo!) and tried to make by back pack lighter than the 20 kgs I have been lugging around, along with a full backpack as my hand luggage!

I got the 9am bus to the airport to find that it didn’t take as long as I’d anticipated and there were very little shops that were open. Once in duty free, I was dismayed to learn that, as the UK wasn’t my next stop and that I was stopping in Helsinki, I was not allowed to buy any duty free! The vodka would have to stay in Russia! The only good thing was that my backpack now weighed 17 kgs and that included everything that was usually in my hand luggage! At last, it was of a bearable weight!

I spent a lovely two hours in Helsinki airport drinking endless cups of tea before getting on my final flight back to London. I arrived into Heathrow mid afternoon to be greeted by my parents and brother and was told to hurry as the rugby was on and that they were missing it! So much for missing me but its good to see that nothing changes!

I've had a truly amazing year of travel, meeting some brilliant people and having some really crazy experiences that will always stay with me - thanks to everyone that help create those memories!

I can't believe that this year has finally come to an end! What a brilliant year it was....!

No comments: